Course 010: ISO 27001:2013 Internal Auditor Certification Course Content
Auditing Skills – Knowledge of Information Security Standard – Practice with Scenarios
This ISO 27001 internal auditor program is internationally-recognised and completed fully on-line. It is an on-line Program for those wishing to participate in their organisation’s internal auditing to the requirements of ISO 27001:2013, the information security management system standard.
The Program provides you with the Auditing Skills, the Knowledge of the Standard and the practical application of that knowledge with Audit Scenarios to enable you to undertake Internal Audits and Supplier Audits.
- If you are required to perform internal audits within your organisation
- If you are required to perform supplier audits
- If you wish to improve your career prospects
- If you wish to understand the processes of conducting internal audit or external audits
- It is also recommended for management involved in the audit process
What does the Course cover?
This is a comprehensive Program covering all aspects of Internal Auditing is divided into four Courses…
- Course 0: Introduction and background to the Standard and to auditing.
- Course 1: Auditing Skills to Internal Auditor Level and based on the auditing standard ISO 19011:2011
- Auditing Skills
- Terms and definitions
- Principles of auditing
- Auditor skills
- Overview of Audit activities
- Audit activities – Step 1
- Audit activities – Step 2
- Audit activities – Step 3 (2 modules)
- Audit activities – Step 4
- Audit activities – Step 5
- Audit Activities – Step 6
- FAQs about Auditing
- On-line Course Examination
- Course 2: Knowledge of the Standard, ISO 27001:2013, Information technology – Security techniques – Information Security Management systems – Requirements
- Introduction to ISO 27001:2013
- Terms & Definitions – ISO 27001:2013
- Some Key aspects of Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) Auditing
- Fundamentals of ISMS
- Structure & content of ISO 27001:2013
- Parts 1, 2 & 3
- Part 4: Context of the organisation
- Part 5: Leadership
- Part 6: Planning for the ISMS
- Information Assets
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Treatment Plan
- Part 7: Support (3 modules)
- Part 8: Operation
- Part 9: Performance evaluation
- Part 10: Improvement
- Annex A: Information Security Controls
- FAQs about the Standard
- On-line Course Examination
- Course 3: Practice with Scenarios, based on actual audits and includes advice on dealing with awkward situations and individuals.
- Audit Scenarios – Internal Auditor
- FAQs about the Auditing Experience
- On-line Final Examination
And great Program Materials
- Diagram: Auditor Certification Process
- Diagram: 6-Stage Audit Process
- Sample Nonconformity Report
- Sample Working Document & Checklist
- Documented information in ISO 27001:2013
- Information Security Risk Management Process
- Information Security Risk Treatment Activity
- Sample Statement of Applicability
- Auditor’s Workbook for Annex A – Statement of Applicability
- Terms & Definitions in ISO 27001:2013
How is the Program delivered?
This Internal Auditing ISO 27001 Program is delivered on-line from our Learning Management System (LMS), which is provided and maintained by Inquisiq, the Award-winning Learning Management System. You can explore the system at www.degrandsonLMS.com.
All Lessons have full resume and scaling capabilities. This means, for example, you can…
- Start a Lesson at work on your Work Station running on Windows 10,
- Continue the Lesson on the train home on your i-Pad running on iOS 11 and,
- Complete the Lesson at home on your Notebook PC running on Windows 8.1
Are there any prerequisite requirements?
A minimum of a Secondary School Certificate (such as a GCSE (UK), Standard Grade (Scotland), High School Diploma, Baccalaureate or similar National Vocational Qualification) combined with 2 years’ work experience is recommended for this ISO 27001 Internal Auditor Program.
You do not have to provide us with any evidence of you qualifications and experience. However, if you do not meet these requirements, you can expect to struggle with the Program.
Not sure this is the best ISO 27001 Program for you?
If unsure, check that you’ve made the best choice from our suite of five ISO 27001 Training Programs.