Course 012: ISO 27001 2013 Lead Auditor Certification Course Content
Auditing Skills – Knowledge of Standard – Practice Scenarios
Our ISO 27001 2013 Lead Auditor Course is an Online Course for those wishing to participate in Certification Body and Registration Body auditing to the requirements of the ISO Standard for Information Security Management System Requirements.
This ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Course provides you with the Auditing Skills, the Knowledge of the Standard (including Annex A – Information Security Controls) and the practical application of that knowledge with Audit Scenarios to enable you, as Audit Team Leader, to undertake and manage Certification Audits.
Who should take this Course?
- wish to offer consultancy support in ISMS
- want to understand the processes of conducting Certification Audits
- wish to audit for Certification Bodies or for Accreditation Boards
- need to develop and implement an information security management system (ISMS) for your organization
- are Management Representative for their organization and/or are the Audit Programme Manager for internal audits
- are required to perform supplier audits regarding information security aspects
- wish to improve their career prospects
What does the course cover?
This comprehensive course is divided into four Modules…
- Module 0: Introduction and background to the Standard and to auditing.
- Module 1: Auditing Skills based on the auditing standard ISO 19011 2011
- Auditing Skills
- Terms and definitions
- Principles of auditing
- Auditor skills
- Managing an audit programme
- Audit Team Leadership
- Overview of Audit activities
- Audit activities – Step 1
- Audit activities – Step 2
- Audit activities – Step 3 (2 modules)
- Audit activities – Step 4
- Audit activities – Step 5
- Audit Activities – Step 6
- FAQs about Auditing
- Online Module Examination
- Module 2: Knowledge of the Standard, ISO 27001 2013, Information Security Management Systems requirements
- Introduction to ISO 27001:2013
- Terms & Definitions – ISO 27001
- Fundamentals of Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- Some Key aspects of ISMS Auditing
- Structure & content of ISO 27001:2013
- Parts 1, 2 & 3
- Part 4: Context of the organisation
- Part 5: Leadership
- Part 6: Planning for the ISMS (2 modules)
- Information Security Risk Assessment
- Guidance to Risk Analysis
- Risk Identification
- Risk Estimation
- Risk Evaluation
- Information Security Risk Treatment
- Information Security Objectives and planning to achieve them
- Part 7: Support (2 modules)
- Part 8: Operation
- Part 9: Performance evaluation
- Part 10: Improvement
- Advanced aspects of ISMS Auditing (3 modules)
- FAQs about the Standard
- ISO 27002:2013, Security Techniques – Code of practice for IS Controls (5 modules)
- ISO 27006:2015, Security Techniques – Requirements for IS Certification Bodies
- Online Module Examination
- Module 3: Practice with Scenarios, based on actual audits and includes advice on dealing with awkward situations and individuals.
- Audit Scenarios – Internal Auditor
- More Audit Scenarios – Lead Implementers
- Yet more Audit Scenarios – Lead Auditors
- FAQs about the Auditing Experience
- Online Final Examination
- And with many FAQs answered.
What course materials does it include?
The course materials for this ISO 27001 Lead Auditor training course include…
- Diagram: Auditor Certification Process
- Diagram: 6-Stage Audit Process
- Sample Code of Ethics
- Management of an Audit Programme
- Audit Plan example
- Audit Work Order example
- Nonconformity Report example
- Documented information in ISO 27001
- EU GDPR fulltext
- Note: Information Assets
- Information security risk management process
- Information security risk treatment activity
- Chart of ISO 27001 Internal abd External COTO Issues
- Stage 1 ISO 27001 Checklist of Critical Issues
- Stage 1 ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Checklist
- Sample Info Assets, SoA Risk Assessments and Controls
- Sample Statement of Applicability
- Workbook for Annex A (SoA) Evidence recording
How is the Course delivered?
The Course is delivered online from our Learning Management System (LMS), which is provided and maintained by Inquisiq, the Award-winning Learning Management System. You can explore it at www.degrandsonLMS.com.
All Lessons have a full resume and scaling capabilities. This means, for example, you can…
- Start a Lesson at work on your Work Station running on Windows 8.1,
- Continue the Lesson on the train home on your iPad running on iOS 11 and,
- Complete the Lesson at home on your Notebook PC running on Windows 10.
Are there any prerequisite requirements?
The minimum of a Secondary School Certificate (such as a High School Diploma, Baccalaureate or similar National Vocational Qualification) combined with 5 years’ work experience, with 2 at managerial/supervisory level, is recommended.
You do not have to provide us with any evidence of your qualifications and experience. However, if you do not meet these requirements, you can expect to struggle with the Course.
Not sure if this is the best choice of Course?